The E.Z.N.A.® Blood DNA Midi Kit is specially designed for large scale isolation of genomic DNA. The kit provides a rapid purification of genomic DNA from up to 10 mL whole blood samples. Sample sources include fresh and frozen whole blood treated with common anticoagulants such as citrate, EDTA and heparin. In addition plasma, serum, buffy coat, bone marrow, lymphocytes, platelets, and body fluid samples can also be used. Phenol/chloroform extractions, and time-consuming steps such as precipitation with isopropanol have been eliminated. DNA purified using the E.Z.N.A.® Blood DNA Midi method is free of contaminants and enzyme inhibitors making it suitable for most downstream applications such as PCR, Southern blotting and restriction enzyme digestion.
- Large scale isolation of high-quality total DNA
- No organic extraction or alcohol precipitation
- Pure DNA free of contaminants and enzyme inhibitors
- Entire procedure completion takes less than 60 minutes
- Purified DNA is suitable for downstream applications