Key Applications of Nucleic Acid Purification in Prenatal Testing
- Nucleic acid purification is an essential component of prenatal testing as it allows for the extraction and analysis of fetal DNA or RNA from maternal samples.
- This non-invasive approach provides valuable information about the genetic health of the fetus and aids in the detection of chromosomal abnormalities and genetic disorders.
Implications of Nucleic Acid Purification in Prenatal Testing
- Prenatal testing is crucial for ensuring the on-going health of fetuses, as well as the mother.
- Identifying genetic markers.
- Products like the Mag-Bind cfDNA Kit extract the circulating DNA that is used in prenatal testing procedures.
Omega Bio-tek Products for Prenatal Testing Applications
Ulloa, A. C., Gliga, A., Love, T. M., Pineda, D., Mruzek, D. W., Watson, G. E., … & Broberg, K. (2021). Prenatal methylmercury exposure and DNA methylation in seven-year-old children in the Seychelles Child Development Study. Environment International, 147, 106321.